My chosen name is Rai, and my given name is Michal Pokorný. I’m 29, I grew up in Czech Republic. I’ve worked as a software engineer at Google Zurich since March 2016, then took a year-long break roughly May 2021 - May 2022 and now I’m a resident at OpenAI on the reinforcement learning team.
I have a bachelor’s in general CS from the Faculty of Mathematics and Physics of the Charles University in Prague. I started a master’s in AI at the very same, and passed all parts but the “you have to write a thesis” one.
I try to be a generalist. Some stuff I do or did before:
- Lots of Google stack in C++, Python. Services, gigabyte-terabyte scale pipelines, stuff like that.
- I sometimes write software that needs a lot of performance. I mostly use C or C++ for that, but I also like Go.
- I also wrote a few desktop things in Java and C#. I’m a bit more competent in the latter.
Between 2012 and 2016, I helped organize KSP – a computer science seminar for high school students by Charles University.
- Mastodon: @email@example.com
- Matrix: @agentydragon:matrix.org
- GitLab: agentydragon
- Telegram: @agentydragon. Trying to migrate off it to Matrix.
- GitHub: agentydragon. Trying to migrate off it because I am not happy with GitHub, owned by Microsoft, being a critical dependency of many open-source projects.
- LinkedIn: agentydragon. Please do not send connection requests if we don’t yet know each other from somewhere.
- Facebook: agentydragon. I am not a fan of Facebook, though, and basically only use it for finding events. If you want to chat with me, prefer Matrix or Telegram. I lean towards only having Facebook friends that I actually know in person.